Travel + Leisure
Win a luxury trip for two to Malaysia – VALUED AT: $4,085
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. For the purposes of the Terms below, Promoter means Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd.
- Entry is free and only open to residents of Australia and New Zealand aged 18 years or older. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or any of the Promoter’s Related Bodies Corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act), suppliers, providers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- The promotion commences 12.00am (Sydney Time) 18 August 2008 and closes 11.59pm (Sydney Time) 21 September 2008.
- To enter, tell us in 25 words or less what your idea of the ideal Malaysian holiday is.
- The Promotion will be judged by a panel of judges selected by the Promoter. Judging will commence on 22 September 2008 at the Promoter’s premises. The winner will be notified by phone and mail, using contact details provided in their entry. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit. The judges’ decision in relation to all aspects of the Promotion is final and binding on all who enter. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The highest-judged eligible entry will win a luxury trip to Malaysia including:
- Return airfares for two to Malaysia (departing from nearest Australian Capital City), 5 nights accommodation at a Traders Park View room, Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
- Buffet Dinner for two at Gobo Chit Chat restaurant, Traders Hotels, KL.
- Signature Cocktail for two at SkyBar, Traders Hotel, KL.
- Transfers and city tour courtesy of Tourism Malaysia.
- Not included in the prize are visas, any tour or suggestions that are clearly an optional suggestion of what you can do during your trip, personal spending including, drinks, telephone calls, tips, laundry and additional meals, transport to and from departure point and all other ancillary costs, as well as obtaining any of these, are the responsibility of the winner and their travel companion/s. Taxes, fees and surcharges related to the flight component of the prize are the responsibility of the prize winner and will need to be paid at the time of booking with a credit card. Ticket is valid for travel from 1 January 2009 to 30 June 2009. Travel arrangements must be booked with the prize suppliers, as notified to the winner by the Promoter. Travel is not valid during peak periods (December/January and Easter Holidays). All travel is subject to availability. Once booked, any changes made to the booking may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee, at the cost of the winner. All components of the prize must be taken together or otherwise are deemed to be forfeited. The Promoter will not contact the winner to arrange travel and this is the winner’s responsibility. Enrich Frequent Flyer miles are not applicable and baggage allowance is 20kg per person. Accommodation is subject to availability and block-out periods may apply and date of validity cannot be extended. Gift Certificates for the accommodation must be presented upon arrival and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. Flights and accommodation must be requested at least 14 days prior to travel date. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffering or sustained in connection with the prize offered except for liability which cannot be excluded by law. All entries submitted become the property of the Promoter [The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected mail or for any prize damaged in transit.
- The prize is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. The prize value is the recommended retail value as advised by the supplier at the time of printing. Fairfax accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification of verification (to the Promoter’s satisfaction in its discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete, incomprehensible or damaged entries will be deemed invalid.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative travel destination to the same value as the original prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- Entrants release and indemnify Fairfax from and against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize or participation in the promotion including (but not limited to) personal injury and damage to property and whether direct, indirect, consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission, or otherwise except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law.
- The prize winner is responsible for taking out their own travel and other accident insurance. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner (and travel companion) may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- 1.If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects information about entrants to include entrants in the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the necessary personal information, you cannot participate in this promotion. The Promoter may share information with its Related Bodies Corporate who may contact entrants with special offers. The Promoter may also share information with other persons or entities that may use it, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the entrant. By entering the promotion, each entrant agrees that the Promoter may use entrants’ personal information in this manner. The Promoter may publish or cause to be published the winner’s name, and locality in any media as required under relevant legislation and the winner agrees to participate in any publicity related event conducted by the Promoter in connection with this competition.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
- The Promoter may amend these terms and conditions from time to time at its discretion.
- The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or these terms and conditions generally.
- The terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of New South Wales. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New South Wales.